Sunday, July 29, 2007

Island Paradise!

Brenna's walls are pink which lends itself to all sorts of girly themes. We did the princess/ballerina thing for a few years and then added some black and morphed to a "fashion girl" theme. This time we tossed it all out and went tropical!

The new comforter has lots of color - a darker pink looks great with the walls but it also brings in blues and greens. Her desk chair was already painted that fuschia color (can't see it in the pics) and her dresser has baskets with pink liners so they all stayed as is.

We added some new curtains (I had planned to make bedskirt valances here too but these work well enough and required no maternal labor so I'm all in favor of them!) To add to the beachy look, I tacked up a great strand of shells and starfish from Molly's mermaid birthday (no pic of that here) and doctored up some photos that I've taken through the years of Brenna on the beach. I brought in all the colors in the bedspread and scrapped them to look somewhat like postcards or just in keeping with the style on the bed. I stuck these in cheap plastic box frames and collaged them on the wall above her bed (I have a few more to add yet) So again - only the cost of the bedspread and curtains (thanks to Nana our bargain shopper!) and some plastic frames and Brenna has a great new room too. Plus I can show off some fun photos that had been previously closed up in albums.

Now I need to do something with our master bedroom that lacks style on any level!!

No comments: