(and a belated Happy Canada Day to our family and friends north of the border!!)
We celebrated locally again this year attending the neighborhood parade and party in the park. It's such a little slice of hometown America that you really come away feeling good. It's just a big bicycle/scooter/stroller parade followed by homemade floats and local politicians. (Please do not comment on the Hillary sticker on Molly. She was so excited with it that even Daddy's threats that we'd now have to burn her tainted clothes didn't deter her!!) Afterwards they have a giant bbq at the local playground with games for the kids and some moonbounces, etc.
I'm sitting here now watching the Boston Pops concert though and remembering all of the fabulous years I attend that with friends. Now THAT was fun - great memories!! I think that next year we may go downtown here to see the fireworks. We know the girls would enjoy it but we want to make sure that we'd enjoy it after sitting out for several hours with them!! Not to mention that we've had vicious thunderstorms that have caused them to evacuate the Mall area each of the last two years. At least in Boston I had Ed and Chris to stake out the spot early in the day and the rest of us slackers would come strolling down to the Esplanade hours later. Oh to be young again! But for now I'll settle for grilled burgers and sparklers at home with two little girls just enjoying the day!
2 comments:
I remember my 1990 DC Fourth watching fireworks on the South Lawn. Details are fuzzy after so many years though.
Poor Molly! How exciting to get a "sticker" at the park, and how much fun to watch Daddy's faces turn four shades of color. LOL!
We'll forgive her for her youth.:-)
I LOL over the Hillary sticker. Michael would have reacted just like Dean. Happy Independence Day!
Post a Comment