Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Health Insurance

I just finished my fifth phone call to Blue Cross in as many days. After they rejected a claim for Molly's recent vaccines saying that she was underage, I finally got someone to tell me what they had listed as her birthdate. Despite the fact that on all paperwork we have it is correct, they had it listed as 7/14/04. Not bad except that that would be two years and 3 months off!!!! Oh, and that it's taken 5 years to discover this! It took a bit but they finally sorted it out.

Today I got a statement and a reimbursement check for one of Dean's office visits and noticed that Molly appears as the "subscriber" and all claims are filed through her employer. So another round of conversations were needed to convince them that not only was Molly not employed, she's technicaly not even officially enrolled in school yet. The woman I talked with wasn't buying it and questioned whether Molly was ever a subscriber by her previous employer (mind you she has Molly's birthdate right in front of her!) It was only when I commented that the child has only been speaking in sentences for 2 and half years did she get the picture!

So I think it's all sorted out now. Except that I have to teach Molly to spell her middle name so she can endorse her father's claim check!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad you got all of that sorted out! Wow!

Keri said...

I'm sure that was extremely frustrating, but I had to laugh while reading it. Some people just can't think beyond their "scripted" conversation. You better tell Molly to get off her duff and get a job. LOL!

I hope they have it right now so you don't have to waste any more time on the phone.