Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Shopping Happy!

http://www.shopbloom.com/YourBloom/ShopHappy.aspx

Read no further - click here and watch one of the video clips and then come back.


Molly is obsessed.
Completely obsessed.

One of these tv or radio spots can stop her dead in her tracks. Every store we go in she asks, "Is this Shop Happy?" Anything I comment that I need to get she replies that it can probably be found at Shop Happy. Mind you the store's true name is Bloom but the marketing geniuses of advertising have convinced my child otherwise. I've explained that the salesfolk do not truly dance in the aisles but she will not be deterred from her vision of Shop Happy as being something akin to DisneyLand.


Well lo and behold Bloom has opened near us. I use the term "near" rather loosely because it's way to far for regular shopping, but not too far that it wouldn't make the perfect field trip for a certain little girl today. Yes, our big outing of the day was to a grocery store and my child was estatic!!!
She walked up to every employee we saw and told them "I like this Shop Happy store!"
We signed up for the "Bloom" card (their store customer card) and Molly made it clear that it was HER card for HER store. Thay also offer the self-scan tools so as we made our way around, I bought things I hardly needed because it was such pure joy to watch her scan them for me!
One sweet employee promised that next time we come she'll have a dance routine for us! Molly told her we'd be back tomorrow and the woman laughed her head off!

So you can disregard all of the neat things I've blogged that we did this summer and nothing we will do in the weeks ahead will come close to matching this. What a funny funny kid!!!!!

I even bought her their cloth grocery bag - which she now wants to use as her schoolbag for kindergarten! Talk about the best $1 I've ever spent!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Lin, Now I know you've lost it.I know Molly really enjoys this stuff but you sound like you had a blast also.Your girls can't say mommy doesn't do fun stuff with them. Keep enjoying this time because it slips by way too fast. Love you all. See you soon
Mom

Shelly Kelly said...

You were right. It was a truly unique Molly experience. I knew the minute I watched the clip that she would be expecting the dancing in the aisles. Sounds like the employees were friendly to both of you. Isn't it great - she doesn't want to go to an expensive theme park. She wants to go to "Shop Happy!"

Awww.......

Shelly Kelly said...

You were right. It was a truly unique Molly experience. I knew the minute I watched the clip that she would be expecting the dancing in the aisles. Sounds like the employees were friendly to both of you. Isn't it great - she doesn't want to go to an expensive theme park. She wants to go to "Shop Happy!"

Awww.......

Karen said...

How funny! I was so curious when I read your blog yesterday. We have one about 40 miles from here, so not exactly convenient. She looks so happy... this is just hilarious.

Karen said...

Just looked at their site more closely and noticed they're out of Salisbury, NC. Associated with Food Lion somehow? Interesting...

Tara and John said...

Isn't it amazing (and funny)the simple things that make children so happy!!! She'll probably have that bag for years to come!