Saturday, July 28, 2007

Call of the Wild

The girls have been asking about redoing their rooms - nothing major like painting, just updating bedspreads, etc. Molly insisted she wanted a jungle room and since her walls are a cream color and her carpet is celery green, it seemed like we could make that work. She had a sort of spring butterfly thing going on in there but my animal girl really wanted a change. Well, it sounded easy until you try to buy leopard print sheets that aren't satin and designed for *ahem* an adult bedroom!
We finally found an animal print comforter and I used the bedskirt that came with it to make valances. Now I need to get to the fabric store to get from piping or something to edge the rest of it for dresser runners. I also used the frames she had up already by adding animal print scrapbook papers and 5x7 photos of some animals I took at the zoo. We found a monkey set of coat hooks and a zebra shoe bag for the doors and I have some animal print ribbon I can use to update her photo board on another wall. (And I need a poster or two so I can take down that pastel print right above her head!)
So all told, for less that $75 she has a new room and she's thrilled!

Brenna's room has been changed as well. No hints! I'll get pictures in there tomorrow - when it's hopefully a bit tidier!

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's very impressive. I especially like the animal photos. Good job!!

Shelly Kelly said...

Wow, I'm gonna start calling you Martha Stewart II. Very impressive way to re-do a bedroom. I'll be waiting see how you do Brenna's next.