Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hardy Campers

The fun and hijinks of camp came to a screeching halt for Brenna.

I drive her and a friend (same school but this girl is a grade behind even though she's older - God bless these school cutoff dates!) home in the afternoon. Yesterday I picked them up all dirty but smiling as usual. They were both talking at once about all the things they did that day when both suddenly dissolved into highpitched squeals (the kind of which only 7 yo girls are capable) of "Ewwww! GROSS! Disgusting!!!!! " that continued for several minutes

It had been their patrol's turn to clean the latrines yesterday.

Mind you I used these latrines (big plastic ones with sinks) at the Open House and I've been in bathrooms of nice restaurants that aren't as well maintained as these!

So the girls continued to sputter and wail until the friend says "But my job wasn't too gross, I just had to hold the door while Brenna swept."

So wait, her disgusting, nasty chore was to basically hold a door open while my Cinderella merely swept a 2'x2' space?! I nearly put the car off the road I was laughing so hard at these little princesses.

My heart simply breaks for them.

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

Haha!! For a minute there I was concerned about two 7 yr olds "cleaning" the latrines. What a great story though. Kudos to you for being able to stay on the road while laughing.