Saturday, April 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!

Five years ago last night my cousins Alan and Sharon had arrived to help me start setting up the nursery and just generally help keep me entertained as I counted down the final weeks before Baby #2 arrived. I had some blue gingham fabric and Sharon was going to help me with some valances for what I was positive was going to our little Joseph Benjamin in 5-6 weeks.

Five years ago this morning Alan and Sharon were instead entertaining Brenna "just for a bit because I'm sure the hospital will send me home" I said. Oh they sent me home alright - with Molly!

Miss Molly - you took us by surprise then - we didn't even have a name for you (we chose it on the exit ramp to the hospital)! - and you continue to take us by surprise each and every day. But we wouldn't have it any other way!!! You bring so many smiles and laughs to our house and we're lucky you decided not to wait any longer to join us. Who could have imagined that the cranky little baby that the hospital nursery refused to keep because she cried so much would just 5 years later be the funniest, most endearing little charmer?

I love you Baby Girl!!

(and Sharon - you still owe me some valances!!)


4 comments:

Keri said...

Happy belated birthday Molly. Wow the big 5!!! We hope you had a great birthday.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Molly! :)

Shelly Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to the little charmer who was in such a big hurry to make her grand entrance! Can't imagine a world without her witty observations (retold through you.)

Ethan & Emma said...

Happy belated Birthday Molly! We hope you had a great day and of course ate lots of cake.