Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Boston


Today we took advantage of a free day to help Brenna with a Girl Scout project. She has the option to work on one patch on her own so she decided to work towards a program patch sponsored by the Patriot's Trail Council here in Massachusetts. There are two quizzes with a series of questions about Boston's Freedom Trail. So Papa, Mommy and Molly joined her to do a part of the Trail today. It was cold and windy but we still managed to complete most of the walk making it from Faneuil Hall to the Old North Church. We'll complete the Trail out to the USS Constitution on warmer day and just do a little research instead to complete the quizzes now! She's been dying to visit the Paul Revere house so we had to do that if nothing else!

It was a great experience and I think we all learned a lot! It can be so easy to overlook all of the wonderful opportunities that are right under our noses so I hope this is just one of many visits we make as she gets older and more knowledgeable about history. I want her to appreciate the wonderful things she gets to experience from living in DC and visiting Boston so often. She's already planning a trip to the Boston Tea Party next time!










Cool Slideshows





2 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Oh, you brought back some wonderful memories for me! When I was there for my conference in 2004 I walked the trail from Boston Commons to the North Church (and back) one morning (chilly for August!)

My favorite might be that Old State House (did you go into the museum?) which rumbles and shakes when the subway goes by!!

I also think I sat in the same pew as you for the Old North Church. And Cameron was in her "Paul Revere" kick so I had to bring back photos/tour the house. Oh, I can still see the North End - and smell it. I went into one shop just to sniff. Que bella.

Karen said...

What a wonderful opportunity for her! That right there is one of the many reasons I have always wanted to visit Boston. Perhaps one day...