Sunday, April 22, 2007

Arghhh! A Pirate's Life for Me!

Molly headed off to her friend's birthday party today. It was a pirate theme and the kids were encouraged to come dressed as a pirate if they wanted. Molly was excited and we found black shorts and a red striped shirt that worked perfectly with her do-rag bandana and eye patch. That is until she found the Hello Kitty holographic butterfly shirt. Clearly that was much more appropriate for the pirate look she was aiming for! So we added some tatoos to toughen up her look and off she went.

The party was a big hit but she told me she didn't go on the moon bounce they had. Her exact words - "I don't do puffy things like that." Miss Molly is a a girl who makes no bones about how she feels. Kind of like when I asked if she wanted to play on a soccer "team" with her classmates. (She didn't enjoy it AT ALL last year but I thought with new friends it might be appealing . . .) What started as "Soccer's not my sport" escalated into "I'd rather die than play that soccer thing." Her words exactly. When this kid is serious, she's SERIOUS!!
Anyway, my mini pirate had fun today and that's all that matters!

No comments: