Wednesday I chaperoned Brenna's class trip to the Museum of Natural History. We had a great time and the kids were wonderful. The only problem (other than the horrible school bus with 75% of the seatbelts broken and a back door that constantly buzzed because it wouldn't latch properly. And public schools transport in this every day! YIKES!) was that it was a rainy day right in the middle of the Cherry Blossom Festival which meant that all the tourists were at the museum as well. Luckily I had Brenna and three other sweet girls in my group and they were lots of fun, very interested and behaved beautifully. Brenna was thrilled I was able to come along so I'm going to enjoy these days when she's still happy to have me around.
What a fun day!
3 comments:
Ok, your buses have seat belts? Ours don't even have any which has always appalled me.
Don't you just love that Brenna still wants you around? Zachary is in 5th grade and ironically still wants me to come on field trips. I think my days are numbered with him though.
Our do not have seat belts either. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your little group.
I just had the seatbelt conversation with Ethan not to long ago. I just assumed that no buses had seatbelts.
Ethan still enjoys having me around as well. I know someday he won't want me to volunteer but until that happens I plan to go on every field trip there is!!
Happy to hear you had a good trip and that the girls enjoyed themselves.
Post a Comment