I'm part of the team of parents who work together to present the "Meet the Masters" art program at the girls' 2-3 times per year. Today I was in Brenna's class for the second half of the lesson I was doing on Vincent Van Gogh. The first half last week was a slide presentation and discussion presenting Van Gogh's life and works and then the second session has the kids doing a piece of art in the style of the Master Artist they are studying. So today we brought out some oil pastels and the kids replicated Van Gogh's "Starry Night."
It's a fun program and I've really learned a lot - probably more than the kids! So far we've done Pablo Picasso (abstract cubism), Katsushika Hokusai (Asian brush painting) and Georgia O'Keeffe (magnified florals) as well.
Brenna enjoys having me teach these classes and I'm so glad I have the chance to do it!
1 comment:
That is very impressive! Sounds like something I would like to do with my boys this summer. Maybe just two artists...
Post a Comment