Since it never dropped below freezing last night, the roads looked decent and we escaped with a 2 hour delay today.
I like 2 hour delays. That means the girls don't go until 10 am. So today everyone slept in until 8:30 which was needed after a weekend of later-than-usual bedtimes. I made chocolate chip pancakes instead of the usual cereal or toast. Both girls got fancy double french braids instead of a quick brush and a bow. They even got to watch a bit of some cartoon before heading out the door.
And I didn't have any meeting or anything beyond a quick grocery run so I spent the day tidying the house and packing up some stuff for the school's rummage sale. Molly even carpooled to dance class so I was free until 2:50pm.
Great day all around.
(Mollyism of the day: She was singing a sweet lullaby-type song that she learned today. When I told her it sounded nice she said "Of course - Am I the most precious singer you've ever heard or what?" She's precious all right! She uses the funniest words - not what you'd imagine a 4 year old would come up with!)
No comments:
Post a Comment