He really didn't need to do it by sending the kids 3.5 consecutive snow days! Oh yeah, you heard right - no school AGAIN tomorrow! Because the county hasn't been able to effectively plow away 2 inches of snow (well, and maybe there's some ice too but it's not that bad!) New Englanders like me were not meant to move to the Mid-Atlantic. We just have no patience for this.
Our schools operate on a county-run system. Our county is long and ranges from higher elevations way outside the city right up to the DC line. If a flake falls out there in the boonies, we're all affected. It's especially hard for us when 95% of our school kids live within 2 miles of the school and our roads are clear.
So then imagine my surprise when I opened my datebook to reschedule yet another day and realized that Monday is ANOTHER DAY OFF! Who created these holidays? Arghhh! So when the kids go back on Tuesday (and so help me God they WILL go back!!!) they will have had 4 hrs. of school in the previous week. They're also at their snow day limit now so anything more starts cutting into summer vacation.
So now I'm trying to come up with a plan for tomorrow. Today we loafed around and went to freinds' to play for a while. Maybe we'll do some hard-core sledding on the big hills behind a nearby school - since Lord knows we won't be DISTURBING anyone!!! Right now the girls are thinking they're cool by having "a sleep-over" on the pullout sofa in the downstairs family room.
Honestly though I really don't mind these days. They are playing nicely together and we're all enjoying the downtime. And the best part - everyone gets to sleep in!
2 comments:
I hear you! We also had a couple of days off which in my opinion were not even close to being a storm day. I am sooooo glad that we don't have a limit on our snow days here because if we did we would be in school until August!!!
It is nice to enjoy the down time with the kids and of course sleeping in:)
So, did they finally get to go?
(Speaking of datebooks, I finally bought a PDA - Palm Z22 for under $100. I can sync it with Microsoft Outlook w/o any problems. It's really great!)
Post a Comment