Thursday, February 08, 2007

Buzz Buzz

Poor Molly still has bees - ahem, hives. They pop out at odd times and in odd places - the sides of her thighs, both shoulderblades, the tops of her feet, under her chin . . . not the typical places one usually gets hives. So back to the pediatrician today - but not for the hives. Oh no, the hives were secondary to the infection raging on her finger. Why me??

Last week she had a cut that got a bit infected. I cleaned it up and bandaged it and she went flying downstairs to Brenna yelling “Hey Bren! I had a confection on my finger!” Brenna asked what a confection was and Molly said, “I don’t really know but isn’t it cool that I had one?!”

Well it wasn't cool today. After looking fine for nearly a week it flared up badly today so back we went to the pediatrician. He didn't have much to say about the hives since she didn't have them while we were there (it's as if she can produce them at will - which given that this is Molly wouldn't surprise me!) and I can't come up with any obvious link. But we did score some ointment and Augmentin for the infection. At least her eyes looked good. We got the drops in time there and they never went beyond the watery stage, thank God.

Well naturally "the bees" came back tonight and left me wondering if I can give her Benedryl along with the Augmentin. Guess I'll have to call the dr. AGAIN tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Poor Molly. I hope you find the cause soon. And a confection too! Wow she is having a busy week.

Rehm things there is allergy in the aquarium - the boy can't say algae for the life of him.

Karen said...

I'm really sorry she's going through this. Poor thing... What did the doctor say?