We went out to dinner with my in-laws tonight and Molly was getting silly. She was playing with my father-in-law's beer bottle, whistling into it and getting too goofy for my liking. Sure enough, as she's playing she tips the bottle back and gets the last little teaspoon right in her mouth. Her eyes bug out and she spits into her napkin saying "Blech, blech, blech!" Of course we're all laughing at her when she says,
"But it wasn't me! It was the beer's fault!"
Good God! Like that's an excuse any parent wants to hear! It was pretty funny tonight because it was just so innocent, but I saw a glimpse of a potential future and I'm not ready for it! Here I've been blaming Dean for all my gray hair but I think the true culprit is a mere 4 years old.
Can I say it again? God help me.
2 comments:
Oh Linda, Molly is such a sweet kid! That one just made me LOL. She and Charlotte would get along great, several of my friends say they want to hang out with her when she is in college. They think she's going to have a lot of fun. I'm not sure I want to be her mother when she's in college. Maybe she and Molly can go to the same school and room together...Oh wait that might be a really bad idea. Just imagine what they would get each other into. Yikes!
Oh, that's a funny one!! "It was the beer's fault" I'm still laughing here...
Post a Comment