Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day . . . and another . . . and another . . .

We knew it was going to come eventually and sure enough, here's winter! School closed early on Tuesday as a storm moved in and stayed closed today as the snow and ice continued coming overnight. We really didn't get a lot of snow but it is frozen solid and the plows were having a hard time getting things done. Now everything has iced up enough that they've already called off school for tomorrow. It's getting really windy and many streets still aren't plowed so it's the right decision.

So needless to say I have 2 happy gals! They don't realize that Valentine's festivities are on hold although Molly is well aware that she'll be missing her "girl of the day" honor tomorrow (but I'm happy not to have to be making 2 dozen cookies to send in for snack!)
They were out sledding most of the late morning/early afternoon and then I took them with me while I did some work on the school auction. Conveniently I was meeting at a house where one of Brenna's classmates and her kindergarten age sister live so the girls all got a big playdate out of it.

Then only downside is that they were scheduled for a half day on Friday and Brenna was supposed to be going skating with the Girl Scouts in the afternoon. Because of the snow days the school will now be having a full day on Friday so skating is a bust and I'm not sure how they can reschedule it. Oh well - small price to pay for the extra day of sledding she's getting tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ethan & Emma said...

You are so lucky! We don't have school today either but it is raining now and the snow is all gone. Mom said she will think of something fun for us to do indoors but I wish I was outside! Have lots of fun today!

Love....Ethan & Emma