Saturday, February 03, 2007

"Spiritual Carwash for the Soul"

That's how our one-of-a-kind Fr. Woods described making a confession when Miss Brenna celebrated her First Penance today at our church. She was excited and very well-prepared - how could she not be with a priest like that working with them in their preparations! He's wonderful with the kids and combined with her fabulous Gr. 2 teacher who has been in this "business" for many, many years, the kids really enjoyed the whole occasion.

Today she woke up at 7:00 AM and stayed quietly in her room for a long time. When I finally went in to see what she was doing I found her making a written list of her sins "to help (her) remember" she said. Mind you she'd been at it for about 30 mins. but only had 3 things on her list. I told her to keep working!

Everything went off without a hitch though and all 78 kids made it through without incident. Next step . . . First Communion. But first we need to make it through Scout Sunday tomorrow. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brenna! Making your First Penance is a big step. You are turning into a beautiful young lady. Next will be First Communion and I can't wait to see you in your dress!

Hugs & Kisses,

Tara