Monday, October 30, 2006

Too Much Farm

Clearly we've visited the farm way too many times recently.

Molly was telling me today that they're having a candy drive at school (they collect extra/unwanted candy on Weds. and donate it to shelters) She told me she would bring some in for that but wanted to donate most of her trick-or-treat goodies "to the farmers who don't have any candy."

Ummm, okay.

Silly me asked "Why?" knowing full well that Molly always has a perfectly logical explanation.

So she told me (with that "you're-simply-pathetic" look) "Well, because farmers grow their own food and they sure can't grow candy!"

Again, I have no idea how this child's mind works but all of her comments, when taken literally, actually make sense. Especially because she's so completely sure of herself when she says these things. I just love this age!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Well, because farmers grow their own food and they sure can't grow candy!"
Oh how adorable is that!
Lochie is also very literal in his thinking. He regularly cracks us up. I LOVE it soooo much.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny. She certainly keeps you on your toes, eh?