

Brenna was very excited to start Brownies this week. This is the first time in many years that her school has sponsored troops and nearly all of the girls in kindergarten-Gr. 4 have signed up. One thing I noticed as I was ironing on all of the patches was that her council is "Nation's Capital" and I couldn't help thinking how cool that is. It's not something bland like "Pine Bluffs" or something (although I'm sure those girls should be just as proud!) but something that is really distinctive. Of all the scouts in the country, only a small portion can proudly say they are from the Nation's Capital area. It reminded me again how lucky we are to be raising the kids right in the heart of things here.
Anyway, you'll be hearing from us again when it's cookie time so get your appetites ready! In the meantime, wish me luck as I get back to nature with them. Although I must tell you I honestly was upset to learn that our unit's first campout is over First Communion weekend so we won't be able to go. I really was looking forward to it!
2 comments:
Brenna, You are the cutest brownie I've seen. Hope you have a good time with it.I'm sure you will have lots of badges next time I see you. love nana and Papa
I love your Brownie outfit. I have two years of Sparks then I become a Brownie. I sold all of my cookies and will need to get another case tonight. My brother helped me sell them so it wasn't that hard and we had lots of fun. I hope you get lots of badges and have lots of fun.
Post a Comment