Monday, October 23, 2006

Picking Pumpkins


Cool Slideshows


Back to the farm again yesterday to get pumpkins! We are becoming quite the regulars there. I think we'll even head there this year to cut a Christmas tree. But I'm getting ahead of myself - we're still working on Halloween! It was a sunny but windy day so we opted to take a hay ride to the pumpkin patch rather than walk out. Well, that and there were no wagons left and I don't think Dean wanted to lug 3 or 4 pumpkins all that way back since he was well aware that everyone else would by then be "too tired" to pitch in! Then we checked out the animals, had some hot dogs and hot cider and headed back home. Brenna was disappointed we skipped the corn maze but it was a bit to chilly at that point. It will be something to look forward to next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine getting "stuck" in a corn maze in the freezing cold? Eek! We have a maze nearby as well, but we haven't been yet. I'll let dh take the boys. I have no sense of direction.

Shelly Kelly said...

Sounds like a fabulous place you've found. We've never done a corn maze, and we probably wouldn't do it either - but for the opposite reason (too hot!)

I need to post our girls photos of the Pumpkin Patch... maybe tomorrow. Oh - and Cameron wanted me to say that they have the exact same Halloween shirts (and we have them in multiple colors - white, purple, orange, yellow - GreatGrandma went nuts last year and year before...)

Shelly