Friday, October 20, 2006

Cats? No thank you.

A firend's comment today reminded me of this story. I figured I'd share it since well, it just sums up life in our house.

Brenna and Molly love cats and desperately want one. Problem is Dean and I are not cat people. They are cute to look at and I know other people love theirs, but we just don't want one. I got sick of listening to them beg so I (bad mommy that I am) told them that Daddy was allergic to cats so they would have to wait until they were older to get one of their own. Problem solved.

Until the night Molly found a picture of a cat in a magazine and came to Dean and I and said,

"Mom, when Daddy dies can we get this cat?"

I though my poor husband was going to choke! I guess my little white lie wasn't the sure-fire solution I thought it was! No wonder my poor kids are like they are. I'm ruining them!

No comments: