Thursday, October 26, 2006

DONE!

And she does look faintly like a leopard - one wearing size 12 pajamas that is. I greatly overestimated when I cut the fabric figuring she'd need warmer clothes underneath for trick or treating. Well, she could wear 2 ski parkas and it would still fit. Who cares - it's soft and it's warm and she's thrilled. So thrilled in fact that she got right down on all fours and started crawling around and growling.

And good mom that I am? I yelled "Get off that floor! Don't you know that costume isn't for playing in? Good Lord it took me hours to make that!" She thinks I'm possessed.

Lessons learned:
The blue thread was perfect given all the seams I had to rip out.
God bless spotted fleece that hides a multitude of sins.
Tails and mittens are easy to make.
Do not ever attempt to make sleeves without a pattern.
Do not ever try to sew sleeves onto a shirt that is already on the body of a 4 year old.
Do not ever try to sew sleeves period.

I'll have photos later since we have my MOMS Club party today. Brenna will be coming straight from Irish Dance class so she's not dressing up.

Now that all of this is behind me? I resolve that next year they'll both be wearing costumes that only involve mittens and tails!

(And no reason other than the season for this photo. I just decided to be wonder-photographer at the pumpkin patch and get some classy pictures of subjects who weren't complaining that they were cold!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! about the pumpkin photo - which is gorgeous by the way. That's why I stick mainly with mountains, trees, flowers, etc. - they don't talk back. :)

Can't wait to see photos of the costume!

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

Shelly Kelly said...

Laughing so hard I chocked on breakfast this morning. I love your sense of humor. I'd have said the same thing (Get off that floor!)

Glad it came out okay. She's so cute!

dillonandnoah said...

Well done!!! No amount of talking would ever convince me that I could sew a costume for my children. I sew and I went to Costco and picked up costumes for the boys!