Friday, March 09, 2007

Hitting the Ice

Since today was a day off from school, Brenna's scout troop had a skating party. It was Brenna's first time on skates and she was so excited! They broke into 2 groups based on experience and started with a lesson followed by a free skate time. She got all laced up and followed her friends - right into the group of experienced skaters! She more than held her own though and had a great time. There were a few tumbles - some of them quite hard - but she kept getting back up and moving on. I was honestly very impressed with her and how well she did. Now she's begging for skating lessons. Which we'll fit in between dance class . . . Irish step . . . scouts . . . homework . . . Oh my!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I'm so glad to see all the girls wearing helmets. When Riley took her beginner ice skating class I was the ONLY mom who brought a helmet and then of course I had to argue with Riley to wear it because nobody else was.