Monday, March 26, 2007

Getting Older

I've been teasing Molly a lot lately about my not wanting her to get any older. Her standard response is always "Well I'll always love you no matter how old I am."

When her alarm went off today she was being lazy so I crawled into bed with her for a few minutes. I told her that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this much longer since she would soon be turning 5. I asked if would she consider staying 4 forever. Today she said, "Actually. . . I'm getting bored being 4. I think I need a change." Poor kid huh? Bored to death at 4!

Oh and then she said, "But I'll never be a teenager, okay? That would be just sooooo boring!"
Now that I should have tape recorded!

She's just a funny old lady trapped in a (boring) 4 year old body!

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

Awww.... I've been going through same emotions lately with Brenna. Something between 4 and 5 takes away our "baby" entirely.

For our girls the magic age is 14. Everything is "when I'm 14..." though I don't know why.

Two weeks to go. Thinking about having another? LOL.