Sunday, March 04, 2007

Living on the Wild Side

Molly is my animal girl. She beelines straight for the animal books when we're at the library. She wants to pat every dog we see. The leopard costume back at Halloween should be proof enough that her wild streak is more than skin deep!

Yesterday the girls and I went shopping with my mother-in-law and Molly found a skirt.
A corduroy skirt.
A corduroy leopard-print skirt at that.
Simply put, she wasn't leaving without it. It was a size 4 which means she'd wear it once and that would be the end of it. But at a mere $.99 (gotta love those clearanc racks!) I agreed because any mom knows that buying a kid's happiness for under buck is great deal no matter what they want!

Today she was going to a friend's horse themed birthday party. Last week I convinced her she should wear her cowboy boots and denim skirt. That was fine until the leopard skirt entered the picture. Today there were no ifs ands or buts, she was wearing "her animal skirt." We conveniently found a scrunchie that was white, black and leopard print (I told you we had loads of hair things - this we got for a safari party that Brenna went to last year) Here's my little hoodsie all dressed after the party . . .



Actually I think she looks quite cute.

Which is a good thing because I think she plans to wear this skirt almost constantly until it will no longer fit her bony little hips!

No comments: