I survived my third year as the Auction Business Manager at the girls' school. It's tiring job in the week leading up to the event since every piece of paper from the catalog to the bid sheets to receipts comes from me but the really bad part is that I wind up missing 99% of the event since I'm holed up in the office (although I did get someone to bring me a dinner since the food was amazing!) Above is the cover I designed for the program and catalog (the real version has the school name and address on it but I didn't want to publish that online) It was really well-received which made me feel good. I think this may have been my swan song because I'd really like to actually be able to attend and enjoy myself next year. I'll still help in the planning but I want to actually be able to sit with my husband for a change. He was threatening to bring a date this year!
The girls were thrilled because we won 2 cool items for them. We got a skating basket for Brenna that we split 3 ways with 2 of her good friends. It was for 3 girls to have a special lunch followed by a skating lesson with one of the school's 7th graders who is a competitive skater. The basket also had a skating dress, necklace and some other goodies that we'll just divide up between the girls. She really wanted that (if we didn't get her teacher's offering which was a trip to the zoo but that went too high for us!) For Molly we split her teacher's offering with her best buddy's family. The teacher comes to the winner's home with cookies and milk, has a little "party" then tucks the kid into bed and reads a bedtime story. She agreed that Molly and Francesca can have a "sleepover" and she'll read for both of them. They both just adore her and are so excited that she'll be coming! It was nice that they let us split it too since the bidding gets a bit high. Even with the split I had to gulp a bit at the cost. But it's for a good cause.
Oh, and the bookcase - it went for $1,200 in the Live Auction! Needless to say, we didn't get that!! We joked that it will come back to us someday though since Harrison's parents bought it and we all have money on an eventual Molly/Harrison wedding. Instead of an engagement ring, she'll be getting a bookcase!
So it's back to life as usual tomorrow. Easter and Spring Break are coming up so some fun times are on the horizon.
3 comments:
I was thinking about you all day Sunday wondering how the evening went and if you were recovering!
Congrats on another successful gala!!
Linda, it sounds like you did a great job again this year! Congratulations!
Computer geek alert... which program did you use to design the program? Looks great!
I'm glad it was a success. How nice it will be to attend the event next year and sit with your family. :)
Post a Comment