I think we're all still coming down from the sugar high of Halloween. It's been a tough few days. Both girls are a bit "off" - Brenna with a bad cold and Molly with a bad attitude. We'll muddle through somehow.
This will be a somewhat relaxing week though since the girls are off school for 2.5 days. Tomorrow is Election Day so Dean will be at the polls all day since he's now a big Chief Judge. He really likes it - and I think it makes him less nostalgic about not being on Capitol Hill so much anymore. The girls have the day off since their school is a polling place but Brenna has a field trip to the National Gallery of Art with her Brownie troop an Molly has a birthday party so we'll still be out and about. They are out again with a half day Thursday and Friday off for Parent/Teacher conferences. Wish me luck with those! I'm expecting good reports, but what you see is never what you get in this house! Either way, we can all use the rest so we're just going to lay low. We all need a break.
I've been keeping busy with a bunch of things at school, but mostly helping with the Girl Scouts. This is the first year we have scouting at school so there's a big learning curve while we all learn the best way to do things. Right now I'm coordinating a special program for the Grade 2 & 3 Brownies. There is a religious medal they can earn and I'm moving things into overdrive so they can get everything done and receive their medals at the Scout Sunday Mass in Feb. Our way-cool priest and one of the sisters will help me with the wrap-up sessions but right now it's all me. Soon I'll be shifting gears though and plunging headlong into the school auction again. I got sucked in to that venture 2 years ago and secretly enjoy all the hoopla. I do all the business end of things from the data entry to the catalog. Basically every sheet of paper related to the auction comes through my computer. It's a lot of work but I get to work with great people, get to spend a lot of time at school (like I'm not there anyway!) and generally feel like I'm putting some small part of my education to work again! After 7 years of filling sippy cups and repairing Polly pockets, it's nice to know I can still balance huge spreadsheets! Plus if I look busy enough, Dean won't send me back to work just yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment