(Molly's in the pink at the Lego table - I didn't take the photos so this is the best I have)Today was Open House at the girls' school and I always help as a guide in showing prospective families around the school. The principal reminded me of a story from last year that I thought you'd get a kick out of:
I was asking Brenna all about her first day in Grade 1 with Sr. Ritamary (who has a rather "old school" approach to teaching.) She went on and on about all the neat things and commented that her desk was in the front row. When I asked where Sophia's (her best friend) desk was she replied,"I don't know." That seemed odd so I asked where Mary's (another good pal) desk was. Again I got, "I don't know."
When I asked how she could she could possibly miss two of her best buddies in one small classroom, she said with a sigh, "Mom, I guess they're somewhere behind me. But I don't know exactly where because Sister said we're supposed to keep our eyes in front and I sure didn’t want to look back there!"
That was my first clue that she was gonna do just fine that year!
1 comment:
LOL! I like that one. :)
Post a Comment