why do they look terrified in their school pictures???I can't say I really like them (not that I think anyone is ever supposed to like school pictures, but still!) This is part of the reason I still take them for birthday portraits. At least you can preview and select those.
Molly however thinks hers is fabulous. She whipped it out of her school bag announcing "It's super cute, Mom!" When I asked her what specifically she thought was so nice about it, she replied "Oh, pretty much just that cute kid who's in it!" It's a shame she has such poor self -esteem. :) I think I'll have hers redone because they should be able to get her to smile at least ! Brenna doesn't want hers redone because this one shows all of her missing teeth. Every one of her previous school pictures has that "deer in the headlights" look as well so I don't know that a retake would be much different. Either way, these are the ones that go into the class composite photo. Oh well.
3 comments:
I think it's because there's usually some strange man darting back and forth - adjusting this and that, saying strange things such as "Okay, say, I kiss chickens!" and the glare of the lights... I could be wrong though.
(It's true about the chickens. When we had our portrait done for the church directory that's what our photographer said.)
I agree with Karen. It's done en masse - wait in line, your turn, sit down and click. Who can think about smiling. Besides -when you go to studio, you've gotten dressed up, laughing with Mom and each other, Mom & photographer chit-chat and you look around. They have fun!
My favorite is my 2nd grade photo - I had just swallowed a button from my shirt and I was terrified I would be in so much trouble when I came home. (I didn't tell Mom about it until I was in high school!) LOL. I didn't know about buttons in your digestive system back then.
I think they look great, missing teeth in all. Thanks for the up to date info on the girls. Time goes by so quickly and they are growing up just as quickly. I love the comments from Miss Molly, another comedian in the family. Lord knows she comes by that honestly. Looking forward to the Christmas posting. Miss you guys.
Love Auntie Kaye and Uncle Doug
Post a Comment