Monday, November 13, 2006

Dancin' Fools!


Today was "Visitor Day" at the girls' dance classes. I always enjoy watching them and seeing how their classes are doing. Both really enjoy dancing and are doing great. This is Molly's second year and she's an old pro. It's Brenna's second year at this studio (4th overall) and her first year with jazz (which Molly is very jealous of - she wants to try that so badly!) Her teacher announced today that she will take them to a dance convention in January - not to compete but to take some classes and just see the show. Brenna is excited so I hope it's something we can do. I think it might be a bit overwhelming for her but if she wants to try it . . .

Four older dancers from her teacher's other studio in VA will be dancing in the Macy's parade next week. Two years ago some of her girls danced on the Great Wall of China. Clearly this teacher does well, but what I like best is that this place is very low pressure, low stress. She wants the girls to dance for the love of dance regardless of how "good" they are. I'm just glad the girls' like it so much!

No comments: