Sunday, November 19, 2006

Picky Eaters

More and more lately I find the girls becoming pickier in what they will and will not eat. In an effort to get them to eat new things we made a chart for the fridge and they get a check mark if they try (which means 2 bites - one to taste and one to decide) a new food. After 10 checks they can pick a special treat.

Molly got her 10 checks last night and so we started discussing her treat. Brenna suggested that a lollipop which Lord knows is no special treat for these kids but if Molly was willing I was okay with it! Nope, Molly says the lollipop isn't what she wanted.

"I was thinking maybe a ride in a limo," she says.
WHAT?! Where on earth did that come from and how does she even know what a limo is?! And did she really think that's what I had in mind as a treat for ingesting maybe a whopping total of 2 oz. of food? This kid is insane. I could see her getting limo on the brain if our teenage neighbor just had a limo for a dance or something but no, we haven't seen or mentioned a limo in ages! I never know what's going on in that Molly-brain!

No comments: