They made it! The dancers are in the talent show. They'll have a rehearsal on Tuesday and a dress rehearsal the following week and then the show is on 2/1 during Catholic Schools Week. Let's hope they can learn the routine enough by then and that their teacher isn't offended by how badly we butchered her piece. See they hadn't finished learning the full dance in the last session of classes and the new session hadn't started before tryouts so we sort of took liberties and finagled a few steps they did know into a decent dance. Whatever works I say - and it must have worked.
Brenna is also slated to sing the National Anthem with her Brownie troop and the kindergarten Daisies. Suffice to say that dancing is her better talent! Well actually she has a cute little voice, but something about thirty 5 and 7 year olds warbling the world's most difficult vocal piece is a bit unnerving. They tried it at their Investiture in November and luckily we parents will smile at anything! I hope they get some practice in for that as well.Molly's class wasn't eligible to try out.
Good thing because I'd be afraid, be REALLY afraid, of what she'd decide to do for an audience!
2 comments:
Congrats Brenna! I knew that you would make it. Have alot of fun and make sure your mom takes lots of pictures.
Love,
Ethan and Emma
That's great news! I'm sure you'll videotape, right?
Post a Comment