Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snuggle

It hit me the other day that Molly is going to be 5 in the spring.

4 is still little. 5 is not.
5 is a big kid. 5 is old (well, from a mother's perspective!)

Things have changed a lot in these years.


Remember this baby?

.

Pitiful, huh? It gets better . . .

And my personal favorite . . .

Okay, not even Christmas was good for her . . .


And there are so, so, so many more. She's the first child ever who has not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR full pages in her scrapbooks devoted to photos of her crying.
She was less than 24 hrs old when the hospital nurses took her to the nursery one night so I could sleep . . . and then brought her back to me an hour later because she was crying so much that they couldn't get any work done. I should have guessed when trained professionals gave up on her.


Well now Molly is a new gal. This is how we spend our days.
She's a total snuggler. Her alarm goes off for school each day and she'll wait for me to come in and give her a cuddle before finally getting up to get dressed. She's always full of hugs and kisses.
But now she's getting too heavy to pick up. She won't fit in my arms much longer.
5 is looming and I don't like it one bit!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww! There is no way Molly can possibly be turning 5! Wow, they just grow up too fast! I love the pictures! So adorable.

Keri said...

I love the pictures. Molly looks much happier now though. The Christmas picture is priceless. I can't believe she is going to be 5. It seems like our Sept. 99'ers just turned 5.

Karen said...

Oh, my goodness... those photos! And even trained professionals... lol! I can't believe she'll be five soon, but then again my "little" Nathan just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago.