Monday, January 01, 2007

The love of a sister cannot be estimated . . .

Driving home from church on Sunday I made a comment to Brenna about her upcoming First Communion in May. She replied something about having to make her First Penance first. Before I could say anything, Molly asked "Is that the thing where you tell the priest your sins?" I don't think she knows what a sin is but she must hear Brenna talking about it and absorbs far more than we give her credit for. Brenna said yes and Molly asked again, "Do you need to tell him about all the times you're bad to your sister?" I was ready and waiting for her to lay into her big sis about all of the transgressions that Brenna has inflicted but that was not to be. Molly instead says, "Because if you do, when my turn comes I'm not gonna do that part. I'll just wait for the other thing when you get to taste the bread and do that part instead."

I can see it now, in 3 years at her First Penance as Molly stands up and says, "I'm going to pass on this activity for now. I'll see you all in a few months for First Communion. Later dudes!"

Of course we have to survive 3+ years of Catholic school with her first. Managing that will be a miracle in and of itself!!

No comments: