We had a nice day here starting with a great egg hunt this morning. That silly Easter Bunny must have been up all night hiding 80+ eggs for 2 little girls! I think they found most of them but wouldn't be shocked if a few turn up as the week goes on!
Before heading to Dean's parents' for dinner we took the girls to Arlington National Cemetery. Dean's grandparents and uncle are buried there so we visited their graves before noticing we had just enough time to also see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Dean's dad served with the 3rd Infantry "Old Guard" and himself was a Tomb guard. I was trying to impress on the girls that they will probably never meet another person who knows a Tomb guard much less have it be their own Grandpa! I took a video clip for those of you who may never have a chance to see a guard change live. (It's grainy but I was using the compressed function so the file size isn't too big. Trust me that these guys are very impressive - grainy film or not!) After this there was a wreath laying and a bugler played Taps. It was actually a wonderful way to celebrate Easter Sunday for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment