Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Day - Another Parade!

This is a busy weekend for Irish dancers! After a good night's sleep after yesterday's parade, we headed out today for the big one in downtown DC. The weather cleared up so it was cool but not wet at least. Brenna again had a great time. Her school is the only one that doesn't make their kids wear full costumes for parades. At first I was disappointed but I'm sure they were much more comfortable in their sweats today!
We parked a fair distance away and walked past all the setup to drop Brenna at her spot. We backtracked along the route a bit to find a good place to watch and rest a bit. Molly had just settled on the curb when we saw a friend who is also an Asst. Police Chief in DC. He snagged her and settled her into one of the motorcycle sidecars in the police group leading off the parade. She was estatic!!
So with both girls in the parade, Dean and I spent the day running up and down the route keeping tabs on them and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. It was exhausting!
We went straight from there to the girls' skating lesson so now everyone has legs like jelly! It was a great day though!!

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

I love the photo "in action" at the top. What fun!! You and the family always do something exciting for St. Patty's day. You'd think with a good ol' Irish name like Kelly - we'd be doing something the same. (*grin*)

Thanks for sharing! After all her dancing, I wonder - do her feet twitch when she sleeps. LOL!