Saturday, September 09, 2006

Words you never want to hear in the morning . . .

Brenna slept over her best friend's house last night. It was her first sleepover and I let her since it was this little girl's birthday and she just really wanted to have Brenna over for pizza and a sleepover. We know the family very well and I was sure they'd have fun and Brenna would be perfectly content there.

We were also doing a favor for a neighbor though and kept their daughter yesterday afternoon into evening. So between the excitement of Brenna leaving around 5pm but this other girl still being here, then this girl's dad coming and staying for a while and them Molly getting a bath and going to bed - I don't think Molly was really fully aware that Brenna wasn't here.

So this morning around 6:30am I hear Molly walking around the bedrooms. She appears at our bedroom door and says.

"Ummm . . . I don't know if you know this, but Brenna didn't come home last night."

(I never closed Brenna's shades and her bed was still made) Dean opened one eye at me and said,

"Please dear God let that be the one and only time we ever hear that sentence in this house!"

I couldn't help but crack up because Molly was so confused about why we didn't seem more concerned about her missing sister. I also laughed because, in the event this was the only time we hear that comment, it was all backwards. It should definitely be the other way around with BRENNA telling us that MOLLY stayed out! No question in our minds about which daughter we need to be keeping closer tabs on!

No comments: