Monday, September 11, 2006

Dancing Queens


The girls started back to their dance classes today. Molly is in a 4-5 yr old class and was quite pleased that her teacher put her front and center for the routines today (I didn't have the heart to tell her it was because all the returning students were in the front row. See, last year the teacher told her that she was one of the stars and Molly has really taken that to heart!) We've been spreading the word about how much we liked this studio and when the class began I noticed that it was 5 kids from Molly's PreK, 2 friends from our old preschool and a neighbor. Looks like I'll be getting some referral discounts!

Brenna started later in the day and was happy to see most of her old class had also returned. This year her group "graduated" to Mary Jane taps and jazz shoes. (Basically all that means is that I had to shell out $70 for new shoes!) Brenna has very small feet and she's a bit bummed that the only taps in her size still have velcro fasteners rather than buckles and her jazz boots look more like elf shoes! They won't be doing ballet anymore and I think she'll miss that but hey, she's happy and was 100% sure she wanted to go back to this studio. She'll also be returning to her Irish Dance class at school (more new shoes!) so she's going to be getting her fair share of exercise!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: