
Today Dean is in Iowa and we're there in spirit saying goodbye to GreatGram. She passed away earlier this week but today was the official goodbye as they laid her to rest. I think Dean said it best when someone expressed their condolences. He said "Thank you for that but how can we be sad? She was 95 with 11 children, 28 grandchildren and 33 great grandchildren. If that's not a life fully lived than I don't know what is." This is a photo from the last time we visited her in Iowa. It wasn't long after that that she moved to Wisconsin with Auntie Julie. Godspeed Grandma and we'll miss you always.
3 comments:
Our deepest sympathy to all of you - what a great photo! She does not look 95 at all, sounds like she had a wonderful life! Take care!
Love, Hugs and Kisses
Shannon and the Boys
I love Dean's comment. Truly a fulfilled life. That does take the sting out of losing someone we love. She doesn't look 95 in that photo, but she must be over 90 because I see little miss Molly.
Our condolences to the family - take strengths from her influences over your lives.
Shelly
Our hearts and prayers go out to your family. Having wonderful memories will help keep her in your heart. The girls are very lucky to have known their GreatGram as many people are not that fortunate.
Hugs and Kisses
Tara, Mike, Ethan and Emma
Post a Comment