Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Those were the days . . .

School days continue to roll on and the girls have adjusted quite nicely. I'm the one still struggling to find a schedule. I have quite a few volunteer slots at the school doing library duty, helping occasionally with hot lunch, scouts, etc. but for the most part my mornings are pretty unstructured. Now that I don't have other commitments to preschool, MOMS Club, etc. I honestly have more free time than I ever had since I came to DC.

I went to the dentist yesterday (How nice was it to book an appt. saying "Any morning is good for me!" That hasn't happened in oh . . . 7 years!) After that I popped into the mall because . . . well because I could that's why! Walking around though I saw so many moms with their little ones in tow and I realized how much I really, truly do miss having the girls around. I've logged many an hour pushing a stroller around that mall and it felt strange to be alone. Having never had a regular babysitter or anything, I've just gotten used to towing my little ladies with me. I was actually sad for a while.

So I went and bought some clothes.

And I tried them on first.

I wasn't so sad after that! But I still miss the kids all morning. :(

If only they missed me! Both are quite happy in their classes. Molly was "Girl of the Day" yesterday and got to do all the cool responsibilities like being the line leader to the bathroom and turning the lights off at the end of the day. She even got to pick out and bring the snack. Life doesn't get any better than that! I told Dean he could be the "Boy of the Day" and bring snack to work but he didn't seem to share the joy of the idea. :) Brenna too is inching along. Already complaining about having "so much homework" but thrilled to have been assigned her first book report. And she's especially thrilled that it's due on her birthday. Someday she'll realize that that's not a good thing. But for now . . . again, life doesn't get any better than that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I love having the time to myself but boy do I miss the kids! That is the one part of parenthood that I am going to have a problem with......letting go. I am sure it is going to get easier but I guess for now we'll just have to shop and shop some more. lol

Tara