I'm cleaning out my email files which is where I usually find little gems like this one. This I sent to my friend Joanne (who was my Catholic school best friend and a fellow rule-follower!) regarding Brenna's first day of Gr. 1 (by the way, her teacher was a nun) . . .On Day One I ask :
Me: “Where's your desk?”
Brenna: “In the front row.”
Me: “That’s good. Where’s Sophia?” (her best friend, they're joined at the hip)
Brenna: “I don’t know”
Me: “What do you mean you don’t know? How big is your classroom that you lost Sophia?”
Brenna: “Well she’s behind me.”
Me: “Oh. Right behind you?”
Brenna: “I don’t know”
Me: “What do you mean you don't know? You don’t know where your best friend is?”
Brenna: “MOM! The rule! Eyes in FRONT! I can't look behind me to find out where she is!”
So Brenna knows that Reid is on one side of her and Zach is on the other and 27 other kids are somewhere behind her but she has no idea who they are or where they sit. The back of the classroom could be in flames and she wouldn't turn around to find out! Oh how I love Catholic school and my little rule-follower!
Well let's just say that Gr. 3 is proving to be a different experience! Her teacher this eis young and hip and really is bringing Brenna out of her shell. Hopefully not too much though!
No comments:
Post a Comment