Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dribbles

Today was the first day of basketball clinic for Molly. She really doesn't care one way or another about the sport but this is a great (read: inexpensive!) clinic that the dads run for 9 weeks in the winter. The kindergarteners meet at 9am for an hour followed by Gr. 1 and then Gr 2. It's hard to say who has more fun - the dads or the kids!
So I figured it's a good way to burn off some energy on cold winter mornings as well as a way to learn some skills that she'll be using in gym for the next 9 years (The PE teacher loves basketball and with this nice new gym floor it's a common activity in gym class - much to Brenna's dismay because she hates basketball). Molly on the other hand was more interested in the fact that most of her friends are doing it and that she gets a Tshirt. So she was happy to sign up and really enjoyed herself. And I'll really enjoy myself next week when I stay home and let Dean take her!

No comments: