Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Operator?

Molly was doing some work in a workbook and one page talked about using the telephone. The last line said "My telephone number is ____________" I read it to Molly and she said,"Oh I know! 301- . . . (she knew it but I'm not about to type it!)" The funny part was that as soon as she finished saying the number she immediately rattled off "please leave us a message and we'll get back to you!"

Okay. She didn't learn her phone number because we taught it to her - she learned it from listening to our answering machine pick up!
You see it picks up after 3 rings and I occasionally don't get to it fast enough and it starts to play before I switch it off. So I guess a series of oops moments on my part trying to find the cordless phone in time has actually turned out to be a good thing!

No comments: