Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy bees . . .

We left the house today at 8:15am to head to church. Brenna's Children's Choir was singing for the parish for the first time today. We left straight from Mass and took the Metro downtown. Today was the Marine Corps Marathon and my cousin Jeff was running it as his first marathon.

Go Jeff Go!! We knew he'd be wearing his Boston College shirt and sure enough . . .














How's this for a proud finisher? I was so impressed with him (and all the others) for taking part in such an amazing feat.


We zipped (okay we didn't quite zip. Given the crowds at the Metro, we opted to walk over an hour to another stop! It was a beautiful day and a long walk seemed like a good idea after watching the endurance of those runners!) back home just in time for our neighborhood Halloween party. I won't post a picture of the girls in their costumes just yet.


You'll have to come back on Weds. for those!


In the meantime, congratulations to Jeff on an awesome race. I hope he's feeling darn proud of himself!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jeff....Congratulations,we are all very proud of you.I bet Jeff was thrilled to see the girls with those awesome signs. Im sure they cheered nice and loud...Have a blast on Wednesday,looking forward to the pictures. love Nana