It's been a long and crazy week and we're al looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! We had Back to School night on Monday for Molly's class and Tuesday for Brenna's. I now have a stack of papers with dates to add to the calendar, forms to fill out, checks to write, etc. One depressing thing was that I wasn't able to sign up for any of the field trips or special celebrations at school since I now have to be in the office. In some ways I'd rather do those fun things even if it meant not seeing them at school all the time. Actually, there are many days I don't see the girls at all! I am enjoying the job though and today I even held down the fort by myself as my co-worker went home sick at 9am. So far so good!
After Back to School nights, the rest of the week went by in blur. Brenna started Irish Dance at a new studio this year. It's still convenient (although not as much as having it right after school and right in the school building!) and I think she'll enjoy this new place even more. She did camp with Sean (the owner) 2 years ago but this time around she has the other teacher, Nikki. We'll keep you posted as to how things go!
She also started choir at school this week. I know it's a lot of activities for her but how could I say no to church choir?! The director is the school's new music teacher - who is also a 31 year old nun. She's a wonderful woman and I think she'll bring a nice, fresh perspective to the group and help the kids to really enjoy it.
A final activity for the week was a return to scouts. And sucker that I am, I led today's meeting (each parent commits to one though I know I'll wind up doing more!) The troop was dropped down to 8 girls which is actually a great size for this age. They are fun kids and I enjoyed it - I was just a bit too tired to look forward to it the way I had hoped!
Miss Molly is doing well and adjusting to life in kindergarten. So far so good and, other than feeling the need to tell her teacher 5x today that she had on new knee socks (hey, it's a big deal when you're 5!), I haven't had any reports that she's too disruptive. With Molly you never know what you're going to get!
No comments:
Post a Comment