You see today was picture day and the kids are allowed to wear "dress clothes." That's all well and good but because I do portraits each year on their birthdays, this Mommy insists that at least one school picture during their school days be done in uniform. That shouldn't be too much to ask considering they both rather like their uniforms. Brenna wore her uniform in her Kindergarten photo (the first year they wear the plaid jumper) so silly me thought I would do the same with Molly.
That would have been fine except that Molly is not Brenna and oh my does she have a mind of her own! I finally had to bribe her by promising to buy her many books but she finally did go out today in her uniform.
. . . after scowling at Brenna all through breakfast. (Brenna was in dress clothes and I admit that would have been hard to take!)
. . . after announcing to EVERYONE she saw on the quad at arrival "My mom made me wear this." or "My mom said I had to wear my uniform."
. . . after putting on shorts under the jumper so she could whip that jumper off the moment the photo was taken.
What a day! But when all was said and done she had her picture taken in uniform (as did at least 6 others in her class who also wore uniforms - clearly with less trauma!) and God willing it will come out good because I can't bear the thought of having them redone!!!
And now I need to go order some books for my darling child who came home and announced "Phew! I did it. Can we order my books now?"
Here's Brenna's Kindy picture. It's hard to believe that was 3 years ago already!
1 comment:
Seriously, there is just something about that second child... there really is.
Post a Comment