1.) Something prompted me today to sing the old Fritos jingle "Muncha buncha, muncha buncha Fritos go with lunch . . ." Brenna laughed and asked if I made that up. When I told her it was an old tv commercial she wanted to know why they didn't make commercials anymore. I didn't catch her drift at first. Then I realized that she pretty much only watches Disney Channel. Because they don't show commercials, she assumed they weren't made anymore! (This was not always true because I do remember them watching a lot of Nickelodeon a few years back. Molly started commenting at every commercial "I want that for my birthday!" I knew I had to draw the line when she even said it for a commercial for Pedisure!)
2.) Tonight Brenna was reading an American Girl Mystery book and asked if I had read it when I was her age. She looked surprised when I said there were no American Girl books then. Then she said with shock, "And there were no Polly Pockets either? How did you SURVIVE??!!" Can you tell what her favorite things are?
3.) Molly usually uses a mask when we're at the pool so she can swim underwater for a longer time. I bought her a new pair of goggles and was trying them out today. She went underwater in front of me and when she came back up I asked if they worked well. She replied "Oh yeah! And Mom? They make you look really skinny!" --- so I just ordered 300 pairs for everyone at the pool. :)
2 comments:
That last one made me laugh out loud. Hmmm... you may be on to something there.
Hmmmm, I think you will have to buy some of those goggles for me to pass around. LOL!
I would never have remembered that Frito commercial, but now I have it stuck in my head.
Post a Comment