Monday, August 20, 2007

Camp Nana

"Camp Nana" began last night when I hightailed it out of Boston leaving my two little monkeys in the care of their grandparents. I had to come home to start my new job but will be heading back to Boston in 10 days for my cousin's wedding. Rather than bring the girls here to leave them with a sitter all day and then fly them back to Boston again, we came to the conclusion that everyone would enjoy it more if they just stayed on with Nana and Papa. So the girls are living the high life in Boston for 2 more weeks while I slave away in the office.

I was chatting with Brenna's Gr. 2 teacher today . . .

Mrs. G: So what are your girls doing today?
Me: They aren't here. They stayed in Boston with my parents. Cross your fingers, I've never left them before!
Mrs. G: Oh no! Did they cry when you left?
Me: Well no they didn't, but my mom did!

(But honestly- she really wants the girls to stay! She wasn't crying that she had to take them!! (At least I don't think so!) To tell it truthfully, you have to know that my poor mom cries at any and all goodbyes but it sure makes for a good story when I say that she cried when I walked out and left my kids on her!)

The first report says all is well. Brenna misses me and Molly apparently hasn't noticed I'm gone. As long as she has control of Papa's tv remote, she's 100% happy. Let's hope the remaining nine days pass as quickly. They may not miss me, but I sure miss them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you be making fun of me, I can't help it if my kidneys are to close to my eyes....HaHa. Well the girls have not had time to miss you Lin...We have been to busy.We did go on one shopping spree but I think there will be more because there are such adorable outfits out there and the sales are to die for.Molly is keeping us laughing, I don't know where she gets half the lines she uses. Tomorrow is bowling,Splash park and out to dinner. Friday is the ball game with uncle Don and auntie Kristin We were at castle island tonight with all the aunties Brenna and Molly had a ball. Lots of treats, lots of fun, most of all lots of hugs. Stay tuned.PS They do mention you once in a while Lin. Love you Nana

Keri said...

Ok, now I want to come to nana and papa's. LOL!
I hope your first day at work went great and the girls have a fun "vacation".