So far so good during our big separation! The girls have been entertained endlessly at Camp Nana and the daily reports read like a litany of fun activities. Molly especially seems to love calling me to chat. She has the cutest voice on the phone! I guess I've never heard it before because well, she's always with me! They've been on the go constantly and always seem to come home with some new object (read: toy) that they've conned Nana into buying. When they're at the house they're glued to the Webkins website, taking over Papa's tv remote or playing Polly Pockets (or "midget people" as Papa calls them which send Brenna into fits of giggles) Molly doesn't play Pollys as much as she colors - she's quite the artist and I imagine Nan's fridge is pretty well covered by now. They also are professional wildlife watchers now and hang out on the sunporch each night to watch the "stinky 'ol skunk" that walks down Papa's driveway every night between 8:30-9:00 pm.
I'm keeping busy too. I've been working each day and then trying to do some back-to-school shopping afterwards. My wardrobe of jeans, tshirts and sneakers is just not going to cut it "at the office" so I've had to do a fair bit of whirlwind shopping to outfit myself. I wish I could just wear the school uniform too! Luckily I can get a lot done in a short time when I'm alone.
Dean is on a plane somewhere over Tennessee in between business trips. The van has to go in the shop tomorrow for the 3rd time in two weeks. Otherwise not much else is new here. It's just awfully quiet without my little darlings around. I miss them like crazy!!
1 comment:
I think I would really love a few days to myself to get things done around the house and then I would go stir crazy without the kids. I've found it's much harder to be home without them than to be away without them. Does that make any sense?
Post a Comment