Monday, May 07, 2007

First Communion


It was a beautiful day - special in every way! The sun was shining (but not sweltering) and we had a nice lunch back at home afterwards with all of her grandparents and Auntie Krissy. Brenna was very excited and everything ran smoothly - except for one little girl getting sick (Brenna had to fill in and read this girl's part during Mass) and Molly getting pink eye. (Leave it to Molly to insert herself in some way into the festivities!)

Sunday it was back to church for the parish Mass (that's why her hair is up in some photos and down in others - too much activity!) where the kids sang their First Communion song again and took part in the May Procession to crown Mary.

I think she enjoyed her weekend and I know we're all very proud and happy for her! Nana and Papa headed home today (with a stack of photos of course!)

I have gazillions of pictures and will make up a nice one to mail to folks soon. I'll save some pictures for that, but here's a few from the weekend . . .


4 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Awww, she's so beautiful! And Cameron wants me to point out that she and Brenna R. have the same shoes! Cameron also liked the picture of Brenna R. praying to the Holy Mother - she said, "Hey, she did that too!" LOL.

This was so much fun. I can hardly wait to do it again in 3 years.

Ethan & Emma said...

Congratulations Brenna! You looked absolutley beautiful....just like a princess. I am glad that you had a wonderful weekend and that your grandparents were there to share it with you.

Keri said...

She looks so pretty and grown up. How did our girls get so big?

Anonymous said...

My little angel is growing up too fast. Thank you Brenna for letting Nana and Papa share your special day. May God always be in your heart like He was today. Love Ya Honey XXOO